Termites Are The Invisible Destroyers Of Your Cypress Home
Although visible to the human eye, termites are rarely seen by humans because they spend their lives hidden inside of walls or wooden structures. When they enter your home, they spend their time eating away at it, eventually causing serious damage. Termite damage is not only dangerous but also costly. Since homeowners insurance rarely covers it, you must protect your home against termites and the damage they cause by contacting a Cypress pest control professional like TNT Home & Commercial Services.
Our Termite Control Offerings
Determining if you have an active termite infestation can be difficult if you have no training in what signs to look for. Our technicians have the experience needed to inspect your home and determine if termites are present, and if so, what kind have infested your home. This information helps us decide what course of treatment will best serve your needs.
During our inspection, we’ll look inside the house in areas with wood, including windows, doors, and attics. Outside, we’ll look at decks, porches, window frames, door frames, eaves, and the structure at large.
We offer several different types of treatment options, based on the following information:
- Whether you have an active infestation or are taking preventative measures
- What type of termite is present in your home (drywood or subterranean)
- What stage of development your house is in (pre-construction or already built)
Our treatments may include one or a combination of the following:
- A trench and drill treatment for recurring treatments: This type of treatment can be used for the entire house or as a spot treatment.
- Monitoring stations placed in the ground every 10 to 20 feet around the perimeter of your home: We check these stations every quarter, and we replace the bait if termite activity is detected.
- Bora-Care treatments that are performed during pre-construction: We apply this treatment to the studs to protect the wood throughout the home.
- Pre-construction treatments applied to the soil in the ground: We apply these treatments before your foundation is poured.
Our termite treatments are warrantied for one year and are transferable.
Wood-Destroying Insect Reports
These reports are available if you’re in the process of buying a home. We do an inspection and provide the report you may be required to submit for loan approval.
Protecting Your Cypress Home From Costly Damage
Termites are a dangerous pest if they get in your house, and it can take months or even years to realize that they’re present. Protecting your house, whether you have an active termite infestation or not, is the best way to ensure that little to no damage occurs. At TNT Home & Commercial Services, we have the experience and options to protect your home from costly termite damage. Contact us to schedule an inspection.
Learn more about our comprehensive commercial pest control services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is professional treatment essential for termites?
Termites never stop tunneling, and if they find their way into your home, it can leave you with catastrophic damages that can take hundreds or thousands of dollars to repair. Every spring during their mating season, they will spread out far and wide to create new colonies. Even if they don’t find you today, there’s no telling they won’t find you next spring.
Termites are a problem that will never go away, which is why TNT Home & Commercial Services is proud to provide our customers with long-lasting termite protection services. Invest in the future of your home or business with termite protection from TNT Home & Commercial Services!
How much damage do termites cause every year?
According to the US Government, termites cause an estimated $5 billion dollars in property repair costs every year in the United States. Approximately 4 million homes across the country come under termite infestation each year.
How do I know if I have termites?
Termites are small and almost never seen on their own. Unfortunately, this means that many property owners don’t become aware that they have an infestation until they find the damages the termites have left behind, at which point they have to pay to have them repaired.
If you want to save yourself from the costly damages termites cause, keep an eye out for some of the common warning signs they leave behind, such as:
- Swarms of flying termites in spring and early summer
- The presence of small, discarded wings around your property leftover from swarmers
- Small mud tubes along cracks, baseboards, pipes, foundations, etc.
- Creaking floorboards
- Doors not opening and closing properly
- Windows jamming
- Wood in the walls, baseboards, or window sills that sounds hollow when tapped
If you’ve noticed any of these warning signs around your home or business, it’s time to get on the phone with a professional termite control provider immediately, available at TNT Home & Commercial Services.
Why are termites so destructive?
Termites feed on the cellulose found in wood in order to survive. While cellulose can be found in abundance in nature, it’s just as tasty coming from your walls and foundations as it does from a tree. If your home has moisture problems, it can be even more appealing, and once even one termite has found your home, it will signal to all its friends to start chewing through your home as well.
Once they start eating into your home, they’ll never stop on their own. This is why professional treatment (and especially professional preventive treatments) are so important. Call for the services of TNT Home & Commercial Services today to safe-proof your home or business from termites!